pollensa window blind.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pollensa window blind.

Post by Tarmactommy on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:22 pm

When putting the blackout/thermal blind away in my pollensa, it does'nt retract properly, i have to pull it up all the way, and it takes a couple of pulls for it to fully retract, is there any way to tighten the spring, or does the spring need replacing, if anyone could guide me on this i would be truly grateful.   scratch head
Tarmactommy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : pollensa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pollensa window blind.

Post by rogerblack on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:29 pm

This can happen as a result of leaving the blinds down permanently when the van is not in use.  It may be worth trying a quick spray of furniture polish along the side channels as this may ease the running.

Otherwise, it is possible to retension them, I have done it in the past on our Pollensa, but it means taking them apart which is not easy. I'm sure I've seen instructions with illustrations in the past but a quick G**gle search hasn't brought anything up and I'm travelling at the moment so have limited search time.

First challenge is how to remove the plastic screw covers around the frame. The only ways I could find were either to prise out with a very small screwdriver, which does leave marks around the circumference, or else drill a small hole in the centre of each then pull out with an awl or large screw. If the resulting holes are likely to bother you when replacing them, then you can buy replacements but I can't remember if this was from AS or elsewhere.

The next challenge is removing the screws along the top as they are behind the curtain rail cover. You either need a very short screwdriver or a right-angled screwdriver.

Once you have removed all the screws, you can then remove the whole blind cassette and lay it carefully on a table.  The ends of the blind spindles are flattened off and you can use pliers or an adjustable wrench to give them a few more turns to tension them up. 

Whilst you have them dismantled, you can give them a good clean and some lubrication.
Then it's a case of reversing the process to replace the blinds back in situ.

It's a fiddly job but not impossible.

cheers
Roger
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi

View user profile http://www.crailholiday.com

Back to top Go down

Re: pollensa window blind.

Post by Tarmactommy on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:23 pm