Derbyshire Site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Derbyshire Site

Post by Dave 418 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:07 am

allthumbz We have just had a weekend at Beech Croft Farm just south of Buxton off the A6. Very nice site with what looks like fairly new toilet blocks. A decent drive over drain and chemical toilet disposal point in its own shelter, it was raining when I did the walk of shame. Whistle1 The pitches are large gravel covered fairly level and with water and mains/tv hook up.
I phoned the site Friday morning and they told me to find a pitch and come across to reception at the farm. Small shop but enough for the forgotten bits to save you driving into town. There were free chocolates on the counter and the staff made us very welcome.
Lots of local information and directions to pubs ect. We walked to the Monsal Trail and followed that to Bakewell. As advised we then got the bus back to the end of the lane for the site. A lovely area and quite busy for the time of year.
We will go back when its a bit warmer. cold

Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Derbyshire Site

Post by gazzahh on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:20 pm

Ah, that will be in the Taddington area, We are just south of Bakewell and sometimes park at Millers Dale on the Monsal Trail to walk the dogs and have a brew in our Nu Venture Day Van... soon to be swapped for a shiny Duetto from Motor Plus at Derby
gazzahh
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:12 am

wave Hi there , yes that's the area. We were advised to get off the bus at Blackwell Turn, that's about 1.5 miles farther north than Taddington. I nearly got the bus the other way but I don't think management would have managed the full walk plus the climb to Bakewell station and up Chee Dale at the top plus 8.5 miles along the trail. Millers dale was quiet but Hassop station was packed . We had tea and cake there to use the toilets.
As I said a lovely area we know from the past and we  will be back after our long break to southern parts.

Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryH61 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Tonight is night 2 of 3 at Beech Croft. Great site, nice hosts, free wifi, Well sized pitches and a superb toilet / shower block. The wind and rain is hampering our efforts to cycle the Monsal trail. Will definitely book again when the weather is better
GaryH61

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : Rapport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum