Where do you store things in a Nuevo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where do you store things in a Nuevo?

Post by Cymro on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:16 pm

So we've emptied the Clubman, and are trying to work out where to store the same contents in the Nuevo. And we're at a loss as to where to store some items.

Portable BBQ? Clubman: on the roof; not possible on Nuevo as no access nor roof bars; too big for external locker, which has hosepipe and cables anyway);

2 Folding Chairs? Same as BBQ;

Folding blue plastic picnic table with 4 integral seats? Clubman: in WC, secured on its end with bungees to wall next to wardrobe; not possible on Nuevo because Thetford is too close to the corresponding wall;

Etc etc! So all suggestions would be warmly appreciated! Thanks.

Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where do you store things in a Nuevo?

Post by Paulmold on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:24 pm

I know my ES is different (no external locker or large table-presumably you can't make a side settee with table in place) but folding chairs I've put in overcab with bedding on top. Have you a bike rack, if you have could the chairs go on there sandwiched between the back and the folded up base or do you use that for bikes. Have never had one of those table/seat things, if we want to eat outside we have a short leg and tripod foot thing for the small table and use the folding chairs.

ps there is a PM waiting for you.
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Don't panic, it just takes time.  Don't dispose of or replace anything till you have used the van a few times and had a good think.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Bike rack and carry box was our answer to storage problems, we have a Sigma EK now and still put all of our bulky items in the carry box , ideal if items are wet.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks to you all.

Boaby: I have a wind-up Fiamma bike rack on which we will carry our 2 pushbikes, so I can't see how I can fit a carry box on it whilst carrying the bikes. I can't use the roof (no access / tie points) nor can I mount things below the bike rack (no bumper / tow bar). Still baffled!

C.
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi Cymro, we have a Nuevo ek so we probably have even less available space ,we don't take bikes so the rack isn't there either ,as Peter Brown rightly says don't panic! youll soon find with putting shelves where they should be and small things like that, make a difference . We put our seats in a waterproof zipped bag  [bought at a show],our sat dish, and aluminium step [don't like the retractable one] in the shower room when travelling and take them out when we "land"!Love our Nuevo hope you enjoy yours as much   KIND REGARDS       Paul
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron on Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:06 pm

Our Lancashire is effectively an EK so no Luton but we do have 3 overcab lockers and two settees. We also have the external locker.
Coming from our previous Hymer we faced similar problems to you:-
Main Overcab locker:
Duvet, 3 pillows, TV, and internal siver screens plus laptop.
Small side overcab lockers - one has two fleece dresing gowns and wet shoes, the other has 3 sets of towels, tea towels and sheets, duvet covers etc to last 4 weeks.
Nearside settee locker: Folding table and two bagged folding chairs, Large Cadac without its dome, boxes to hold 18 bottles of wine, small vacuum cleaner, dustpan and brush, walking poles, awning handle, spare shoes, 2 rucsacs.
Offside sette locker:
Dry stores mainly (in wine cartons which hold 24 bottles wine on return journey when dry stores are used). Dry stores include toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, canned drinks/bottled beer, juices, picnic sundries, rectangular window fitting drying rack.
Wet locker:
Ramps, warning triangles (2), EHU cables (25m and 15m), bucket (an oval one from Poundland), water hose and Whale fittings, sundry water connectors, Elsanol and Pink rinse (now to be replaced by bio washing liquid which will be kept in bathroom - so extra space there), steadies handle.
Internal upper lockers:
Offside:  His and hers clothes - Shirts and underclothes in suitable bags to make retrieval easy.
Nearside - front 2:
Various small items, Kleenex, sweets, nuts, shopping bags etc, all in small baskets for easy retrieval. One of those lockers has a fixed shelf.
Small lockers over microwave:
Right hand one has maps and books, left hand with sockets for sattelite receiver has cake box.
Rear kitchen overheads:
Left one has a fixed plate rack (from Dyas - not useless A/S one) plus teapot, mugs (in a rectangular plastic box} tumblers wrapped in kitchen paper in mugs.
Right one has various boxes containing tea, rice, pasta, flour and other light cooking essentials plus 750W electric kettle and lead
Bottom right cupboard:
3 IKEA boxes for vegetables/fruit and "the bar"
Drawers have condiments, spices etc plus spare plastic containers for picnics or fridge storage
Kitchen foil, clingfilm, washing up cloths etc all immediately under sink.
Space under cooker houses our Tefal stacking pans (handles in cutlery drawer), rectagular cast iron griddle, plastic measuring jugs and gas kettle.
Drawer under wardrobe has dirty washing.
Bathroom cabinets:
Plastic one has things that won't fall out while wooden cabinet and spac eunderneath holds spare toilet rolls, electric shaver and anything heavy that would be a problem in plastic cabinet including clothes line, pegs and washing liquid/tablets.
Tray under driver seat:
Socket set full set of metric spanners, 12V tyre pump, spare bulbs, fuses, soldering iron, screwdrivers, hammer, multimeter and other tools plus two Dayglo vests.

That's about it (from memory!) - this will be our third year with the van and we think we have got it organised now.  I have not yet visited a weighbridge but we did have the van plated at 3500kg. We only get about 26mpg which is ominous! hugegrins

I hope that helps you. We have organised it to fit what we need (including discarding the A/S crockery and glasses and using french white Duralex china, china mugs and 19cl plain wine glasses.  Yours will be a bit different because I expect that A/S will have stolen some of your nearside settee space with the piping for the barbecue point and the wiring for the outside mains socket. Is there still an external shower point? I reckoned that was a waste of space taken up with the water pipes in 2013.  And you will have less (or none?) space under the offside seating.  But the luton should give a lot more space than our overcab lockers.  However, I suspect that folding chairs may be a challenge.  You will adapt and, as Peter says, don't throw anything away - you won't get it right first time.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Am I right in thinking that the ,Nuevo is basically a slightly shorter Broadway ? If so, then we travel with the chairs strapped ( Poundshop webbing suitase strap) to the back of the cab seats. They used to travel in the underseast lickers in our last van but these are ever so slightly narrower in this van. When we swivel the seats they go right in front, propped against the dashboard.

I have got my other half used to using cushions as pillows. I put a pillow case on them at night. We also have 4 other scatter cushions,2 of which contain fleece blankets ( the kind with arms for cold night when you are conserving gas) and 2 with patchwork quillows to use over out duvets. These replace the cushion lining.

In our last van we used to put the down duvets in cushion covers as well and roll the 2 mattress toppers into bolsters covers to use as lumbar support in the bench seats. You could also put spare bedclothes and towels into cushion covers to save locker space.

Don't forget rollable ( not vacuum extraction ) vacuum bags which take a lot of clothes etc but squash very flat for easy storage. We find them very useful when on a trip where we need both warm and cold weather clothing.

Q
Quilter

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:24 am

We also use the over cab space for all sorts of things as well as bedding.
I've taken out all the 'wine' fittings to create an extra clothes locker (white wine in fridge).
Also the outside nearside side locker is much bigger than it looks.
Regards
Fred
oldfred

Male

Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum