The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"You'll have to take it to Mercedes..."

+5
Peter Brown
PLOUGHLIN
Claytaa
Jaytee
Pete Taylor
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"You'll have to take it to Mercedes..." - Page 2 Empty Re: "You'll have to take it to Mercedes..."

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:22 am

Jaytee wrote:Just been out and checked mine; steel spare censored! cheapskates.

So, looks like I will have to get a set of bolts for the steel wheel. Strooth, so if I had had a puncture I would have been stuffed so to speak sensored1.
Check the tool kit under the passenger floor. The manual says there will be a set for steel wheel in there, unless AS nicked your alloy and substituted of course. hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

"You'll have to take it to Mercedes..." - Page 2 Empty Re: "You'll have to take it to Mercedes..."

Post by Peter Brown Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:28 am

There's a nice set of screwdrivers there too.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:32 am

Brilliant, thanks Peter, yes, just checked and there they are allthumbz

Just love this forum, so much help and info drinksallround:drinksallround

(Perhaps I should spend some more time reading the manual Whistle1)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Claytaa Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:57 pm

This is exciting (lol) Just checked my tool kit, 2014 Bourton. No studs. Checked underneath and I have an alloy spare. Seems a bit strange everyone having different set ups on what is basically the same vehicle?
Claytaa
Claytaa

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:12 pm

I dont know if I read this right you spend £60k plus on an Autosleeper motorhome an amount of money many folks can only dream of.Autosleeper then supply the vehicle without a spare wheel but they dont supply you a get you to the garage kit (goo ) but are happy to sell you a kit for a £110 ? If that is the case Autosleeper dont deserve to sell motorhomes buyers should vote with there feet and take there business to a company that do supply a spare wheel.If I have picked this up wrong I apoligise.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Claytaa Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:08 pm

As I understand, it is only the Stanton model because the spare won't fit underneath, mine is a Bourton, spare wheel Ect.
Claytaa
Claytaa

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm

What beats me is that the same van might have an alloy spare or a steel spare. Is that anything to do with the upgrade pack (automatic etc)?
My peugeot Lancashire has a steel spare but you need an adaptor to fit the alloy wheel into the carrier. At least it is supplied. I had huge difficulty in speccing locking wheel bolts as neither A/S nor Peugeot could tell me length, diameter or chamfer angle. Eventually I took a chance and guessed right.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:30 am

Here's a bit of an update... only half the job, I'm afraid. We had already booked our first trip in this new van to The Cotswolds before we took delivery; so it was somewhat propitious that, being in the area,  A-S could fit us in for an inspection of the faulty seat. Alan Curry listened to my tale and took the van into the workshop, where he dismantled the seat and rebuilt it; his diagnosis was that the person who fitted the A-S seat-coverings over the Merc seat had somehow re-fitted the seat-back reclining mechanism one tooth out from side to side, resulting in a twisted seat-back and a jammed mechanism. This was exactly the conclusion I had come to and postulated to my Dealer (who fired me straight off to Mercedes, if you recall).

So; we now have a seat working to design specification. 

We continue to await the result of the payload issue. Alan said if they had received an order for a 3500kg vehicle that is what they would have ordered from Mercedes. I asked why all the Stantons are not supplied at 3500kg, evidently, although the customer price from A-S is the same for 3200kg and 3500kg, A-S would have to take some loss of profit were they to take that route.

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:17 am

Pete have you inputted your VIN into [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , to see what Mercedes think they built? It gives the plated weight on the build order.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:32 am

postulated..........................................................excellent word!!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:16 am

Hmmm, disturbing, according to the web site my chassis doesnt exist scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:28 am

Jaytee wrote:Hmmm, disturbing, according to the web site my chassis doesnt exist scratch head
When I checked my Merc, the database was quoted as valid at 15/09/14, so it should be there.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:42 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:Pete have you inputted your VIN into [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , to see what Mercedes think they built? It gives the plated weight on the build order.
I have now! I already have the build sheets from Merc (kindly printed off for me when I was at the local M-B Commercial dealer) the info from both these sources shows "IT4: 3.5 metric tonnes" and, rather confusingly "X13: Weight variant 3200kg". It has upgraded load front axle, springs and dampers and rear springs; stabilzers for front and rear axles are described as reinforced but what does all that mean in reality?

Bottom line is the black M-B VIN plate says 3200kg and the silver A-S plate says 3200kg. I guess we have to wait to see what SV Tech can do- I do hope this is not going to lead to me having to reject the vehicle, due to it not being what I ordered six months ago. shrugg   In the meantime, I'm not sending a Christmas card to the dealer!

Pete.

Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:30 am

Pete, Mine has IT4:3.5 metric tonnes with XL8 weight variant 3880 kg. Your suspension upgrades are the same as shown for mine.

So I think IT4 is standard with XL code shows varient from standard. Looks like someone  AS ordered the wrong one for you. Lookslike it is just a plating issue and shouldn't need any mods to get back to standard XL8. Good Luck with it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Hmmm, interesting, the reason my VIN was not recognised is that it is entered incorrectly on the V5C. Wonderful, more hassle with authorities to sort censored!
Just checked the info supplied to DVLC and their confirmation letter back to me and the correct VIN is noted so just a typo to sort on the V5C.
Probably have to take a couple of  valiums before phoning them Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Thanks Peter, finger crossed.

Jaytee, my last couple of verbal encounters with DVLA have been very positive, both the folks I spoke with could not have been more helpful. One of my Lotus cars turned out to have had both the wrong VIN and engine number(!) transcribed when they converted from the old log-books to the computerised form. Seemingly none of the previous owners from that date had noticed! They put it right within a week, without quibble.
I've not troubled them with the details on the other car- that had a BRM engine fitted within a few months of build and the engine number is nothing like! Its been that way since 1969. Whistle1

Hopefully you will find someone equally helpful.

Pete.

Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2