Short break in Pickering,North Yorks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Short break in Pickering,North Yorks

Post by tankie747 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi all wave

we have been to Pickering, North Yorks for a couple of days and stayed at uppercarr caravan and campsite. We found the site is in a very good location to tour or explore the national park.

We visited the Yorkshire Steam railway and Pickering Castle and explored Hole of Horcum. It was very enjoyable and we also explored Pickering town which has very quaint shops and cafes. We did some long walks in the moors and also stopped off in Thornton le Dale which is a very nice village nearby. Scarborough and Whitby is also not far away if you fancy the coast. Flamingo Land and Eden camp is also nearby. Unfortunately we didn't have the time to do this. There is so much more to do and we would have stayed longer if we could.

The camp area is a mixed lot with statics, tourers and a few tenters. We had EHU and paid £15 per night without awning. Showers were charged at 20p. There is a play area for the little ones and a indoor games room. A cafe is also on site although we didn't use it. There is a a pub across the road which also has a campsite.

www.uppercarrcaravanpark.co.uk
tankie747

Male

Auto-Sleeper : VW Trident

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short break in Pickering,North Yorks

Post by CC on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Thanks for the site recommendation Tankie, it looks a nice place to stay and I'm sure we will consider it if we are ever up that way big thumbs up

Male

Member Age : 52
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Short break in Pickering,North Yorks

Post by stevomar on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:56 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Thanks for the site recommendation Tankie, it looks a nice place to stay and I'm sure we will consider it if we are ever up that way big thumbs up

Be careful CC- You might get a nose bleed if you come north of Skeggy
Whistle1
Thanks for the heads up on the site Dave - it's not too far for us if we just nip over the Bridge isn't it.
Cheers
Stevo
PS- that cuppa's getting cold!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re. Short break in pickering north Yorks

Post by whisky on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi Tankie747.

Next time you visit this area there is a very good campsite in Thornton le Dale it's located at the old railway station.
Nice and peacefull, excellent clean facilities, nice and secure with a electronic barrier to which you get a fob to operate.
The site warden cannot do enough to help you in any way. In Thornton le Dale there are a couple of pubs both do good food both make you welcome. At a certain time of the year the village has a scarecrow competition and all the houses have scarecrows in the gardens.
Near by on the Malton to Pickering road the Black Bull pub has a small campsite bit basic but good value, The pub is very good. Olde Worlde decent food and drink. Eden Camp well worth a visit allow a good few hours for this. If I go I get there about 10 look around for a couple of hours then back in the van for lunch another look around after then leave about 4. I can also recommend the chippie in Malton its a little small one on a side street but you can park outside with your van, Fish and chips are scrummie.
Whisky. allthumbz
whisky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: short break in pickering

Post by tankie747 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:30 pm

Thank's whisky for your reply and helpful info.

I will keep Thornton le Dale in mind when we go to that area again. It is a cracking area to visit and so much to do. Hopefully it won't be too long before we will visit.
tankie747

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum