Floor Problems - Orian Gemini

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Floor Problems - Orian Gemini

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:34 am

Hi. As previously posted we are about to purchase a Used Orian Gemini from a reputable Dealer. It is a 2007 build with just under 20k on the clock.
I have been advised that the Orian was a "run-out" model and suffers from poor build quality, specifically to check for floor delamination. Can anyone give me advice as to whether either of these statements are true?
I am very concerned about the potential floor issue - is there any easy method of checking this? I would of course ask the Dealer to fix the problem but more importantly to find cause and fix this as well.
Having been in the Motor Trade all my life I get very nervous when people talk about poor build quality, having experienced this with several large car Manufacturers in my time. 
Any advice would be appreciated - thanks, Colin big thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Re: Floor Problems - Orian Gemini

Post by burlingtonboaby on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi Colin
Give Mark Burdet a call at the service centre in Willersey 01386 853511, quoting your build number.
Number should be located inside the passengers glove box, My Sigma came with a 6 month dealership warranty, if you have any problems contact them straight way, they are open seven days a week.
I'm  sure SMC Maidenhead will rectify any warranty issues for you, we found them very helpful and replaced items we found were faulty, before we exchanged vans.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:13 pm

The Orian vans were built as an alternative brand as are the Marquis ones to the AS models most were similar in some way, maybe some features were missing but others may be added.

It had its own dealership network and I think it helped give the AS dealers a shuv over stocking levels etc.

They were made at Willersey in exactly the same way as the other vans usining the same materials and suffer no other defects that the AS or Marquis branded vans do.

When you go in the van does any part of the floor feel spongy ? if not no worries

There was a very difficult period over quality control and maybe someone experienced problems with an Orian,  but that said so did we when we bought the Windsor however all was sorted by AS

Regarding Delamination, I am not saying AS vans dont get it,  All makes of M/homes and C/vans do,  but AS/M/Orian vans are not notorious for delamination.

Last edited by roli on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:06 pm

Deltronic wrote:I have been advised that the Orian was a "run-out" model and suffers from poor build quality, specifically to check for floor delamination. Can anyone give me advice as to whether either of these statements are true?

Who advised you of this I wonder? 

The only thing I've read about the Orian models is they are budget models of the Auto-Sleeper models but as Roli says still made by Auto-Sleepers to the same standard as they are basically the same motorhomes but just rebranded and from what I know have more basic finishing hence the budget end of the market... Things like construction and floors would be identical it's only on the furnishings and upholstery etc that savings may be made to my knowledge.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Thanks for your responses guys. Helps to get other peoples views especially with the experience in the forum. You've managed to put this in perspective for me. I will check the floor very carefully before accepting delivery as well as using roli's checklist which again is a great document. 
I'll let you know how the handover goes and hopefully be an official Motorhomer from next week onwards. Thanks again guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi Colin
Check everything !!! Wind out the awning and check it, I was assured  the awning on the Sigma was in good condition, it wasn't and the dealership replaced it.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks Boaby. I'm going to go over it with a fine tooth comb. From the many comments I believe that SMC will be fair and correct any faults on the van.

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi Colin
Sam & Mike the directors of SMC Taplow turn over a fair amount of motorhomes and rely on positive customer feedback, I would go back to them in the future, Clive the workshop manager knows his stuff .
Hope all goes well.
BoabyBoaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks Boaby again. I have been dealing with Sam who seems decent chap. I'm sure everything will be fine. Great support from the Forum allthumbz

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Give my regards to Sam and his wife Jeanette when you see them again, I will look out for you on the road.
Cheers
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ubuntu1 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:06 am

I haven't noticed anything in particular for you to look out for. If you are concerned then you can always organise an engineer to do a pre-purchase inspection.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : M/H engineer

View user profile http://www.chatsworth-service.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:33 pm

We've just been through the handover at SMC Taplow today and it was an absolute pleasure. Shane was ever so patient with us newbies and must have spent well over 2 hours going through everything. There were a couple minor things requiring attention. I am pleased to say that the floor was not one of them - phew! 
Jemie is now safely tucked up in her compound until our first outing to Shrewsbury in 10 days time - we can't wait.
Thanks you everyone's help again - Colin

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi Colin
Pleased to read everything is fine with your Orian.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Glad your mind is now at ease, all you have to do now is go out and enjoy it. Sure you have already found out its a pleasure to drive

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum