Worcester habitation door fly screen

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Worcester habitation door fly screen

Post by Bernie Wisely on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:47 pm

I would be interested I will be changing to a Gloucester within the next couple of weeks.
Bernie Wisely

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gloucester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:09 pm

Excellent choice Bernie, will let you all know how I get on!
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:11 pm

Just an update, I have been in touch with A/S and awaiting a reply on the work they may have done already.

One immediate issue is that not all models have the door opening the same way, so any system really ideally needs to be ambidextrous.

The first thought is to create a cassette type arrangement which then follows a track along the ceiling that mimics the shape of the door well. The blind would be weighted at the bottom and would split in the middle to walk through. It could also possibly magnetically attach to the door well.

If anyone has any thoughts about this let me know, in the meantime will keep working on it.

Thanks all
David
groundhog
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Sounds good. I tried the Fiamma screen but that rolled up to the top and was therefore impractical. Folding (or rolling) into an ambidextrous cassette would be great.
I am surprised that not all doors open the same way. Are A/S saying that on some models the door opens with the opening facing forward!  That seems very unlikely as it would be ripped off if it opened by accident en route. Or are they considering export models that may have the door on our offside?

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:36 am

Sorry Ron, I wasn't quite clear there, what I meant was on some vans when you enter the door there is a solid wall to the right and on others it is on the left, some may even have none at all, so mounting a cassette upright would need to be able to run at the opposite angle to go along a track.

Kind regards
David
groundhog
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:17 am

I did wonder if that is what you may have meant. However, the cassette would ideally be at the hinge side of the door, which would be fine on my Nuevo Lancashire.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:23 am

Perfect example the screen would have to mount on the opposite side on the Worcester/Winchcombe.... smile!
groundhog
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Latest update:-

Have spoken again with A/S and after a lot of buck passing they are unable to help. Now it is off to see who can??
groundhog
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hblewett on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:10 pm

I don't know if it will be any help, but in our wanderings we noticed a pretty new Pilote Reference which looked to have the same door as on our Worcester and also had a fly-screen.

Unfortunately my German is non-existant, so I wasn't able to ask him about it, but maybe someone will have seen one at one of the shows, or could look out for one and make some enquiries if they see one?
hblewett

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Junige36 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Have a neuvo and was told by AS that they were trialling one. Find it unbelievable that there are fly screens every where what's the point when they can fly through the open door
Junige36

Female

Auto-Sleeper : neuvo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Junige36 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:49 am

I had a conversation with AS about a fly screen for the neuvo they said there were problems because of the hartnel door but they were trialling one so here's hoping there may be one in the future.
Junige36

Female

Auto-Sleeper : neuvo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Do you know who you  spoke to as that is not  what they told me confused3
groundhog
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:28 am

Six months later....

A/S still haven't come up with anything other than "We don't make one" and although one company said they could design something "How many hundred would you like" so I elected to make my own

Removed the useless door bin then took my cheapo JML flyscreen ( magnetic walk through type) I was going to ditch and had Lady Groundhog sew it down the sides and across the top to fit the door opening, with a channel at the top.

Bought a screwfix satin chrome wardrobe rail and side fixings which I cut to fit and just hung it up, it actually looks rather good!! You can just lift it in or out, or leave it there and when removed leaves just two brackets which are quite neat.

On the bottom of the step there is a vent either side into which I will insert a peg so I can clip the screen at the bottom then it will not blow about in the wind.

It works in the drive, will test it on our forthcoming trip to France but it cost pennies so if it ends up in the bin nothing lost..... allthumbz
groundhog
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by padraigpost on Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Just reading the October edition of Which motorhome and an article on Autosleepers has stated that as of next years models will be fitted with a Hartel door with flyscreen, we will have to see if the flyscreen can be retro fitted to earlier models with the non flyscreen Hartel door.
Don
padraigpost

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Bourton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Could be interesting, thanks Don.

My makeshift screen worked pretty well on the latest trip to France, not perfect but then it cost less than £10 and actually looks pretty good!!

Not so good though that if a proper one came along it wouldn't be heading for the bin.  up!

Last edited by groundhog on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speelling mistook)
groundhog
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:30 am

Just had a look at Hartal's web site, they have two fly screens on view.
It's a great pitty, the one for our type door, could not be modified to suit.

The other one they show is for a van conversion sliding door. No problem there.

Leighton.
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum