The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another new weekend show, but where? -Norwich

+3
roli
Jaytee
Paulmold
7 posters

Go down

Another new weekend show, but where? -Norwich Empty Another new weekend show, but where? -Norwich

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Another new weekend show for next year, where is it? Norwich.!! 24/26th July 2015
Yet another show in the southern/south-east of the country. What about folk who live north-west or north even. The most northern show is Lincoln if you don't count the day-visitor shows at Harrogate or Stafford. Since finishing with any Northern Show (Pickering, York, Knutsford) why are Warners only catering for southerners? Why Norwich? The whole of East-Anglia could travel to Peterborough. Central south folk could travel to Newbury or Malvern. Midlanders could travel to Peterborough or Malvern. East Midlanders travel to Peterborough or Lincoln. Anyone living in Cheshire, Lancashire, Cumbria, Yorkshire, North Wales and of course Scotland, well they can travel hundreds of miles or do without seems to be the thinking. There must be suitable venues in all counties, all counties have showgrounds for county shows as well as venues such as Oulton Park, Donnington Park. Come on Warners, be fair.

If you don't live over Norwich way, have you driven there? What a painful journey that is and with roadworks on the A14, it's dreadful. Will the roadworks be gone by next July?
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Another new weekend show, but where? -Norwich Empty Re: Another new weekend show, but where? -Norwich

Post by Jaytee Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Yes, agree. We haven't been to a show since moving up here. Was going to go to NEC in Oct as 'only' 160 miles away but with the CC charging £30 a night pitch fee decided no to. (Yes could have stayed on a CS of CL but wanted to be at the show).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Another new weekend show, but where? -Norwich Empty Re: Another new weekend show, but where? -Norwich

Post by roli Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:16 am

Think one reason maybe traders. Warners charge high prices compared with other show operators       ( from what traders have told me ) 

Since the move of the enlarged Manchester Show to Trafford Park has increased the popularity of this show which doesnt get rained off think punters prefer this and traders certainly like it.

Certainly this year quite a few people in our circle have been giving Warners shows a miss (we did do Malvern though and the weather was ok)

I think there are too many shows now and they are not exactly a cheap weekend
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:21 am

Jaytee wrote:Yes, agree. We haven't been to a show since moving up here. Was going to go to NEC in Oct as 'only' 160 miles away but with the CC charging £30 a night pitch fee decided no to. (Yes could have stayed on a CS of CL but wanted to be at the show).
My friend and I stayed on the temporary CC site a couple of years ago and wouldn't do it again, I'd definitely stay on a CS or CL in future.

It was advertised as having food available, a bar and entertainment so we thought it would be a bit of an event. The food was awful and the entertainment was dire. There were toilets available but no showers, but the toilets were so far from where I was pitched that I didn't bother.

We stayed Thursday night to go to the show on Friday. On Friday morning we had to move our vans onto the car park anyway so we might as well have been on a site outside in the first place.

What about the show in Cheshire - is it Knutsford? I haven't seen it advertised this year but I went last year.

When I lived in Essex, everything seemed to be in the north and I couldn't get to it. Now it all seems to be in the south or, in this instance, Norfolk, which I firmly believe is the back of beyond, mainly for the reasons stated in Paul's original thread!

Nora
Traficlady

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:16 am

Warners kicked Knutsford/Tabley in touch they were unforunate with the weather each year. - it was probably best venue they had for being close to the motorways.  We ran the ASOC rally there.

We do go to the October NEC shows for the day. Would not consider the silly prices the club charge
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:13 am

Shame about that, when I went last year I think it was the hottest day of the year. I hope the weather's better in Norfolk then!

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:15 pm

I live in Scotland so all of Warners shows are to far for me I believe there is scope for a show in the North of England.Until there is one one I will vote with my feet and will not attend any shows.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Well It's handy for us just down the road (in the back of beyond) hugegrins

Seriously the Easton Showground is a great venue, they put on a lot of events throughout the year so will be intresting to see how this one pans out  twiddle_thumbs   I'm not expecting it to be a huge sucess as I can imagine many of the bigger dealers wont bother attending and wont see it as beneficial, but there are only two bona fide motorhome dealers in Norfolk, Becks of Rollesby and Simpsons of Great Yarmouth, so getting a motorhome locally is no easy task as we found when looking for our Nuevo and again currently looking for an End Lounge Auto-Sleeper Broadway or Suffolk this time around.

The biggest problem with Norfolk is the roads, no motorways and few dual carriages... having said that the showground is accessed by some of the best roads in the county so shouldnt be that hard for most visitors to travel too.. Our nearest show currently is the Peterboro show, the rest are a good drive away so its horses for courses shrugg

I'm not sure if its just me but ive been very disapointed with the shows this year, Newark was bordering on pathetic! and I noticed many empty spaces where stall holders had not bothered attending the Lincoln season finale, also didnt feel Malvern was as good as previous visits. Its always the same stalls with the same old products! It would be nice to see and buy "hard to find" accesories instead of the stuff i can buy at any camping shop locally and the prices of stuff is not usually any better either in my experience.

Bottom line... I think the organisers of these shows need to think more about Quality rather than Quantity twiddle_thumbs

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:16 am

Well  I am thinking of going to the Norfolk show, I love Norfolk, one reason NO motor ways, I find them boring and noisy, much rather enjoy the countryside, after all I am not on a race, I like "back of beyond" hoping for good weather.

Anyone else thinking of going.?

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:50 pm

Just giving this thread a bump as I see Daisy Mae didn't get any replies when asking if anyone else is going to the Norfolk Motorhome Show at Norwich Showground.... 

Be nice to get some support for this show being local to me, it's only up the road for us but we'll still be camping over, it's a good venue so should be a good un if it's well supported

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:27 pm

At the Norfolk Motorhome Show and it's absolutely packed, thought it might be a flop... But judging by how many are already camped here and the volume arriving it's going to be a success !! 

allthumbz drinksallround lets_dance bouncing celebrate1 big thumbs up

Just hope the show is as good and not a let down

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:30 pm

I thought they were getting a bit worried about attendance because they are still saying there's room to camp and they are offering buy one get one free on day tickets.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Another one we would have quite liked to have gone to but the 200 odd miles is the downer.

Just noticed I had already posted on this last year scratch head

Last edited by Jaytee on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : noticed had already commented.)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:25 pm

I am here, thousands are as well, impressed with the site on general camping as I missed the deadline to prebook,  weather good but rain and wind forcaste for tomorrow afternoon then better for Saturday.
hope the show is good too

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down