The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with my Broadway FB

+27
Oldfolkie
safariboy
Quilter
grumpy
inspiredron
Pete Taylor
artheytrate
gef
andyiow
styler
Claytaa
jt2011
groundhog
Jaytee
Mutleysdad
Swansea Jac
ajrm
Bertie Bassett
Mald
Peterm
pjkxpjkx
PLOUGHLIN
easylifer
Paulmold
Nain
rogerblack
sarahspalace
31 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Problems with my Broadway FB - Page 3 Empty Re: Problems with my Broadway FB

Post by Jaytee Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Good idea Pete up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:23 am

andyiow wrote:Its a get around because the canbus won't stop sending a warning light to the emu. It says there is a light out because AS have put only one reversing light on for this year.
Something wierd with new chassis CANBUS then! My 2012 euro V Lancashire only has 1 reversing light and 1 rear foglight and I have no problems. The van did need a new instrument cluster but that was an issue on a particular batch which took a while to surface.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by grumpy Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:42 am

There is no excuse for poor quality.
The reason maybe is using untrained or unmotivated workers,
but more likely it's not giving them enough time to complete 
the work properly.
grumpy
grumpy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : dorset

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:43 am

It is definitely the canbus on the new cab. AS are issuing what they described as a "resistor pack" which I presume will be fitted as standard for future builds.
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:15 pm

andyiow wrote:It is definitely the canbus on the new cab. AS are issuing what they described as a "resistor pack" which I presume will be fitted as standard for future builds.

We've not heard of this and our Broadway was new in March 2014. Please can you tell us more ? Will all buyers be contacted ? Will AS see to the fitting ?

Thanks

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi Q not sure if it effects the 2014 cab ony the 2015 model as my dealer was not aware of it until AS rang him friday prior to us picking it up after he had asked AS if this was a known issue, seems they did.
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:43 am

andyiow wrote:Hi Q not sure if it effects the 2014 cab ony the 2015 model as my dealer was not aware of it until AS rang him friday prior to us picking it up after he had asked AS if this was a known issue, seems they did.

Andy, what are your overall impressions, we are planning to place our order for a Broadway EK on Wednesday. Any comment will be gratefully accepted. Thanks. (Mrs BB aka The Finance Director still has 'issues' with all this).  confused3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:50 am

Overall the van is fine. I suspect the issues I have with the new cabs canbus are par for the course. Build quality far exceeds most other manufacturer too IMO. Getting over the 30mpg mark on the IOW so expect more on a run and when the engine beds in. The drive is perfect for me and the engine upgrade to 150 very noticeable from my 13 Nuevo, the engine is much more torquei allowing less stick work. The sink in the shower unit was the result of a too short drain pipe so that is now resolved. The new engine has no can belt to worry about too its now gone back to a timing chain. If you have any specific question don't hesitate to get back to me

Andy

Last edited by andyiow on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:45 pm

andyiow wrote:Overall the van is fine. I suspect the issues I have with the new cabs canbus are par for the course. Build quality far exceeds most other manufacturer too IMO. Getting over the 30mpg mark on the IOW so expect more on a run and when the engine beds in. The drive is perfect for me and the engine upgrade to 150 very noticeable from my 13 Nuevo, the engine is much more torquei allowing less stick work. The sink in the shower unit was the result of a too short drain pipe so that is now resolved. The new engine has no can belt to worry about too its now gone back to a timing chain. If you have any specific question don't hesitate to get back to me

Andy
Thanks a lot for that, we ordered our new EKTBLP for delivery in April today(out of the country working in March sadly).................and with the same dealership as you Andy! Any points that you think are worthwhile learning either about the new chassis or the habitation end would be appreciated as you come across them! Roger Moran is a good man to do business with and he has a good back up team. This will be our second purchase from him which says it all really.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Am I the only one that thinks that a new name for the EKTBLP would have been in order in 2015 ? We have one but, every time I want to refer to it I have to check I have the initials in the right order...

Great van but awful name !

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Excellent news I found Roger to be a real gentleman who cared about the customer. Nothing seemed too much trouble and the team there very helpful. I will use him the next time we are in the market without a doubt. All seems to be well at the moment. Went for a spin today I'm getting 31.9 mph even with the ek lump I expect that to increase as the engine slackens off a bit. I got Roger to fit front mud guards too and I'm not getting the usual crud behind the cab on the coachwork. Off to Spain late December will keep you posted on the van front.

Andy
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:07 pm

[quote="Quilter"]Am I the only one that thinks that a new name for the EKTBLP would have been in order in 2015 ? We have one but, every time I want to refer to it I have to check I have the initials in the right order...

Q[/quote]glad mine is just an EK I can just about remember that confused3

andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:49 pm

andyiow wrote:Excellent news I found Roger to be a real gentleman who cared about the customer. Nothing seemed too much trouble and the team there very helpful. I will use him the next time we are in the market without a doubt. All seems to be well at the moment. Went for a spin today I'm getting 31.9 mph even with the ek lump I expect that to increase as the engine slackens off a bit.  I got Roger to fit front mud guards too and I'm not getting the usual crud behind the cab on the coachwork. Off to Spain late December will keep you posted on the van front.

Andy
Many thanks Andy and the front flaps is something I should have thought of myself. Good mpg on a tight engine and with the bump above as you say. Look forward to hearing your long distance impressions on the Spain trip. Good luck and hope you have a great time.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Quilter wrote:Am I the only one that thinks that a new name for the EKTBLP would have been in order in 2015 ? We have one but, every time I want to refer to it I have to check I have the initials in the right order...

Q

Q.... Mrs BB has already named ours (and with great originality) Bertie so the EK...., whatever is already out of the window! hugegrins
Would value your long term impressions of the van if you have time please.  (see no mention of EK whatever there eh.) scratch head

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:47 am

The 150bhp engine must be better than the 130bhp. I have had my Nuevo EuroV for 2 years and still only get about 26-27mpg with no bump. I do drive at around 55-60mph indicated (52-58 actual) when possible on motorways so that may be a difference between us butI reckon that I have a reasonably light right foot and certainly don't accelearte hard.
I have had the indicated mpg up above 30 on a few occasions on level roads with little traffic or villages cruising at about 45-50 actual. It soon drops back with gradients or stop start conditions.
To get the best mpg you need that sort of speed, no traffic to speak of and a pretty level road IMHO.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:42 am

On my Nuevo I was pulling top 30's around 38 and on my Warwick Duo 41.7 on a motorway travelling at 57. There are two readouts for mpg on my trip one was actual and the other between resets giving an average.
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by safariboy Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:27 am

We have had a number of vans. All have had problems but the current van seems to have had less. My biggest gripe is that you have to take care not to overload the rear axle. We have the end kitchen and perhaps auto sleepers should think of updating the rear suspension as they do on other models. Models with the kitchen forward are probably better. We have had one serious problem with a roof light jamming. Here I would have preferred the simpler cheaper model: but that is hardly cost cutting.
safariboy
safariboy

Male

Member Age : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:52 am

Not much to add to what my OH has written above about the van. We had a slight problem with the skirt locker leaking when it was new. This was soon sorted by AS, who fitted a support underneath, and it has been fine since then. A length of the brown rubber trim that fits in a groove below the high level lockers  keeps falling out and is now firmly glued in.

Other than that we are very pleased with it: intelligent storage, good quality fittings, good looking interior, drives well and quite economically. We like the water fill system too...something that does not appeal to all.

I notice that my tablets predictive text translates EKTBLP to Rothko so perhaps the Broadway Rothko ??!

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:57 am

I like the water fill too and I've now got both in this van the traditional filler and the whale. Gives more choice on which one to use.
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:58 am

I've been trying to work out what the lettering can stand for - EK, end kitchen - LP, low profile? but what can TB be?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:00 am

Twin bench ?
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:04 am

andyiow wrote:Twin bench ?

Aren't most models twin bench but you don't see others labelled TB. I thought it must be something like FB, fixed bed but I can't think of a description of the bed which would use the letter T.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:05 am

Two berth ?
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:10 am

Again, most vans are but don't have that designation. I thought maybe twin bed but that would only work if they were fixed singles.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:14 am

I thought it was Twin Beds: somewhere, on one of the videos that is linked from the AS website ( or was earlier this year) it translates...but it could have been Twin Benches.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next