The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brit Stops

3 posters

Go down

Brit Stops Empty Brit Stops

Post by Mald Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Just said hello to Steve from Brit Stops in the Newbie section.  I have considered buying  a guide, but don't fancy the idea of stopping on  pub car-parks.  I was wondering if pub car-parks form the majority of the stopping places listed in the guide, are there many other places listed?  Thanks.
Mald
Mald

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Brit Stops Empty Re: Brit Stops

Post by Sue68 Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:26 pm

On a trip to Scotland and back to Bristol we stayed at a Fish restaurant at a motorway service station and a Tea rooms as well as Pubs. We prefer the pubs as the ones we stayed at were in the country and we wanted a meal.
Sue68

Female

Member Age : 101
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi Mald,

See my posting in the Newbie topic. There are a growing number of Hosts year by year. Although quite a few are Pubs, many are from a variety of different work places.

There are 2 of us in our van, and have never felt concerned at any of the locations, whether they are in populated areas or not. Or whether they are Pubs or not.

If you do feel anxious at all, then I would suggest that you talk to the proprietor about your situation. I'm am sure they would do all they can to make you feel at ease.

Super Donator & ASOF Supporter
Super Donator & ASOF Supporter

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : 2007 Executive
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Mald Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks for your input. I have read the topic, which set me wondering how many sites other than pubs are included at the moment. 
It's not a question of anxiousness (as a HGV driver, I have to some extent wild camped in many locations in the cab of my wagon),  it's just that from my limited experience I have learnt that some pub landlords, if asked nicely after buying a few drinks or a meal at their establishment, will allow one to park up overnight.
I wasn't aware that owners of farm shops etc. allowed this too, which is what interested me in Brit Stops in the first place.  So I was just wondering how many places other than pubs are included in the current guide.  Thanks again.
Mald
Mald

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down