Motorcaravan Insurance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Motorcaravan Insurance

Post by maricardo on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:34 pm

This week we had a renewal quote from our insurers (Caravan and Camping Club) for our Sussex Duo.  Last year £244.37, this year £354.72.  When we asked why this over £100 increase was justified there was no explanation - just take it or leave it.  Needless to say we left it and obtained a more acceptable quote elseware.  Interestingly the new and accepted quote was backed  by the same underwriter - Equity Red Star!  Could it be that once you are with an insurer they try it on by large increase of premium hoping that most do not have the time and energy to go elseware.  (We were over 1 1/2 hours on the phone geting a requote).

Maricardo
maricardo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sussex duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Motorcaravan Insurance

Post by Paulmold on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:51 pm

That's exactly how they work - new customer discount, then up the price the next year. I shop around every year and seem to alternate between two insurers, each offering the introductory discount every other year.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 pm

We have the van and both cars insured with the Caravan Club. The renewal quote for the van in February was £20 less than last year and just renewed one of the cars at £15 less than last year.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claytaa on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:02 pm

I never ever accept a renewal quote, even if it seems ok, until I get another couple of quotes. Having said that it's not only the cost but the cover and for me European days that are given
Claytaa

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:49 am

I think that some of these ins company's simply take a guess or 'try it on', at my last  renewal, mine too shot up £100, when I asked 'WHY' ? the girls just said that its nothing to do with them, it the ins Co.

'No way' says I, & as I was walking out, she called me back & said she'd ring them, after a short discussion, she said, 'how about the same as last year', so I renewed, but what's that all about then ?????
Bought a new car a couple of weeks ago & transfer'd the insurance from the RR, & she said it'll cost me a £25.00 fee, since it's only got a month to go, I told her if they did charge me, I'll again go elsewhere, haven't heard anything yet. smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile http://www.modelslipway.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum