The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seventh and Final.

+8
inspiredron
Claytaa
Paulmold
Shuggiegreen
Quilter
Dutto
DuxDeluxe
Bertie Bassett
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Seventh and Final.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Seventh and Final.

Post by andyiow Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Got my Nuevo from Spinney but they were a couple of £ks short this time and their offer went into my spam folder. I had done the deal by the time I found it. No complaints about the service from them though, very helpful. I was sorry they couldn't do a better deal. Anyway ive gone to another family business, great communication so far.
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:32 pm

We bought the current van from Marquis this May Pete...from the same person we bought from 7 years ago.

Like any large business you get good branches and not so good ones but, just to balance the_discussion: we have no complaints with Marquis and can't see that we'd have got a better, or even as good, deal elsewhere. They'd serviced the p/exed van for all if the 7 years which possibly helped.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by andyiow Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:53 pm

My Sussex Duo Bought at Marquis, services at Marquis, Hab checked at Marquis, £5k less offered than one of the family businesses named in this thread. Last week even failed to call back in time when promising faithfuly to do so, even after their National sales Manager promised a certain branch would.

Cant see how possibly I could have get a worse customer experience at the National level and locally.

Glad you were happy with them though. Competition is the way to keeping costs down. Its important to speak as you find too.

Andy
andyiow
andyiow

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Claytaa wrote:That Peter is the advantage of a small family set up. Same staff and family over a long period creating good customer relations and from their point of view repeat business. The company I refer to are Spinney in Cheshire. Does anyone agree?
I bought a VW T25 Diamond RV from the late Nick Holland at Spinney back in the 80s, great bloke, great service. We then had two kids, moved on thro' static van, all sorts of "Eurocamp" (for want of a better description) holidays, hotels etc. Two years ago (kids no longer being in the equation)  we decided to get a camper-van again. Bought our Topaz from Spinney, from some of the same people who were there in the 80s, we bought a good as new vehicle with only 13k miles, just to make sure that the life on the road was for us.

We have just traded the Topaz in to Spinney and await delivery of our 2015 Stanton in a few weeks. I did offer to trade the Topaz to our "local" Marquis branch (30+ miles away) but they offered me rather less than Spinney.

No doubt there are some great folks at Marquis (I met one of them) and some may have worked there for a while but, talking to some other staff members, it was obvious that I knew more about the vans on sale than they did.

Cheers,
Pete.
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:05 pm

Claytaa wrote:That Peter is the advantage of a small family set up. Same staff and family over a long period creating good customer relations and from their point of view repeat business. The company I refer to are Spinney in Cheshire. Does anyone agree?

Definitely agree, I bought my 2003 Anniversary Clubman from them last October, would I go back yes I would, if I needed another VW  Auto-Sleeper but wouldn't  go for a van newer than 2004, I prefer the build and quality of the older vans, their warranted is very good, have personnel experience of this, no quibble. even got the toilet flush replaced by a mobile approved motor home repairer , on warranty, due to go back with the new awning I had fitted and it has only been used once , it is faulty. they said they would check the motor home over before the twelve months was up. so well impressed. I have a four  hour round trip.to get there and back.

Margaret
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Bought a new Duetto from Spinney a number of years ago, the vehicle prep was superb and it had no faults on delivery. Nothing went wrong in the 17000 miles and two years that we had it. (And no hard sell at a time when you couldn't look in a van without a salesman present at many dealerships.)

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Pete Taylor wrote:
I bought a VW T25 Diamond RV from the late Nick Holland at Spinney back in the 80s, great bloke, great service. We then had two kids, moved on thro' static van, all sorts of "Eurocamp" (for want of a better description) holidays, hotels etc. Two years ago (kids no longer being in the equation)  we decided to get a camper-van again. Bought our Topaz from Spinney, from some of the same people who were there in the 80s, we bought a good as new vehicle with only 13k miles, just to make sure that the life on the road was for us.

We have just traded the Topaz in to Spinney and await delivery of our 2015 Stanton in a few weeks. I did offer to trade the Topaz to our "local" Marquis branch (30+ miles away) but they offered me rather less than Spinney.

No doubt there are some great folks at Marquis (I met one of them) and some may have worked there for a while but, talking to some other staff members, it was obvious that I knew more about the vans on sale than they did.

Cheers,
Pete.
That's particularly true at Chieveley since Bernie Wathen retired.

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum