Brookside Caravan and Camping Park - North Lincolnshire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brookside Caravan and Camping Park - North Lincolnshire

Post by stevomar on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:41 am

Hi

We often take for granted things that are straight in front of our eyes and this is the case with Brookside because I usually pass it 2 or 3 times a week when I'm taking my dog for a walk because it's located in my village. I've never stopped there myself but I've talked to plenty who have in the Ferryhouse Inn - the pub 30 metres from the campsite entrance. They all say that it very good and are all surprised by the scenery of the area. Lincolnshire is supposed to be flat - but not round here. Our village is on an escarpment overlooking the Trent Valley just before where the Trent meets the Ouse to form the River Humber. The views and sunsets can be spectacular and there's loads of uncrowded walks and cycle routes round here and 2 decent Pubs - The previously mentioned Ferry House Inn right on the banks of the River Trent - It doesn't do food but it is a proper pub with great beer - It's great sat on the river bank on a summers day watching the big boats go by - yes 30 miles inland !! Then there is the Sheffield Arms at the top of the hill which does do food. About a mile away there's Normanby Hall - A Stately Home and Country Park.

Anyway here's a link to this undiscovered little gem - BTW I haven't got shares in the place!!!!

http://www.brooksidecaravanpark.co.uk/index.php

and here's some reviews

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=4153

Stevo

Last edited by stevomar on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional Info)

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : VW Trident

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brookside Caravan and Camping Park - North Lincolnshire

Post by Waves117 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:38 am

Hi Stevo

Just looked at the site - looks great and a fun place to take the dog as well - 4 acres of dog walk - excellent. Currently they are doing 3 nights for 2 - will see if I can get the other half to take a few days break and visit. Immaculate amenity block - always look out for these as some are not to be desired should we say!!! :whistle:

I note the piccy of the humber bridge hmmm where have I seen that before!!! ;)

Waves117 wave
Waves117
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : TRIDENT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CC on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Thanks Stevo

Seems a nice site agree3
could be helpful if we head up that way (when to go to PP&T) as guessing it's not too far from them?
CC

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile http://www.autosleeperforum.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Groper on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks Stevo

Hopefully heading up to Leeds in June to a reunion with friends we met in New Zealand on a holiday tour by Motorhome.
Looks a good place to stay as we hope to head down into Norfolk after the reunion.
Groper

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Brookside Caravan & Camping Site

Post by immobilejim on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks for the recommendation Stevo.
Not far from home and ideal for a short break. We used to visit the Silver Birches site in Barton on Humber but they have now closed - been looking for a replacement, so this one seems to fit the bill on all counts,
Cheers, Jim up!
immobilejim
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dogseal on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi to all.
We've stayed there many times over the years, There's some lovely scenery & walks in the area. The last time we stayed, Richard lent us an O/S map of the area & we walked to Barton-upon-Humber. We walked under the Humber bridge, past the Silver birches site ( Stayed there many times as well, Shame they don't do tourers any more.) & had a well earned pint at the Sloop inn. Then we got a taxi back to Burton.
Highlight of the walk was watching some Deer on Reads Island ( I guess they must have swam there ! ) .

Great site, In a beautifull area.

Tim.
dogseal
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: