Removal of shelves above fridge in nuevo

Go down

Removal of shelves above fridge in nuevo Empty Removal of shelves above fridge in nuevo

Post by johnny on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi i have tried to remove the above shelves to no avail i have removed the to small screws and turned the ones underneath that only do about half a turn any advice would be greatly recieved my reason for doing this is to fit a swivel arm TV bracket many thanks johnny
johnny
johnny

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper : lancashire

Back to top Go down

Removal of shelves above fridge in nuevo Empty Re: Removal of shelves above fridge in nuevo

Post by breakaleg on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:47 am

Hi Johnny,
I was at auto sleepers on Monday, they removed the piece of wood trim from the shower (bottom of shower room door) and I noticed that this was like a bit of self assembly furniture, i.e half turn screw (about the size of a penny) turn and pull off with a bit of a tug, might not be the same with a shelf, but I have a lancashire same as you 06 reg.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : ex Lancashire ex Clu

Back to top Go down

Removal of shelves above fridge in nuevo Empty Re: Removal of shelves above fridge in nuevo

Post by johnny on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Cheers breakaleg for the info but i will be a autosleepers next thursday for a new shower tray its cracked around the first plug hole so i will see if they remove the shelves for me
johnny
johnny

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:07 am

Shelves now gone the boys at A/S did it just remove all screws then give it swift blow from underneath you have to break the shelf witch i did not know new shower tray fitted not cheap but a spot on job
johnny
johnny

Male

Back to top Go down

Removal of shelves above fridge in nuevo Empty small shelves on nuevo

Post by murph on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:57 pm

one of mine had been removed before I bought the van. but I suspect that they are the same as the shelves in the kitchen cupboard which are steel pins let into the sidewalls and tightend by turning the 1/4 turn screws underneath which are covered by plastic (lever off type) covers. On the kitchen cupbords I could only remove them by cutting through the wood and the steel pins with a cutting disc in an angle grinder but in this case you could possibly tear the small shelf out by hitting it with a hammer but you would ruin the shelf and you would have to be careful not to damage the vertical panels they fit into, try weakening the shelf with a drill along a line from the 1/4 turn lock screw to the side panel before hitting it.
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterm on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:13 am

The lovely Janet and I were spreading a bit of scouse culture to our friends on an AS rally last week in the form of skip diving. Our catch of the day was a brand new microwave, which herself wants fitting.
I have hit the same problem as the previous posts, and I wonder if these rather stoutly connected shelves are in fact structural and should be left alone. Any opinions, please?

Peterm
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum