North Ledaig CC site, near Oban

View previous topic View next topic Go down

North Ledaig CC site, near Oban

Post by Paulmold on Sun May 11, 2014 6:40 pm

This is an affiliated CC site meaning its a commercial site with area for CC members. It is in fact a very large site divided into 4 areas, 2 of which are exclusively for CC members and the other 2 for non-members and members together. There are two facility blocks, one behind the reception and the other between the campers. The one between the campers was currently being refurbished and looks very nice indeed, part of it open already. There are plenty of water taps and waste water points around the site, chemical emptying being located at the blocks.
Very friendly reception staff and 'maintenance' men who show you to your pitch but the reception staff are not to up with modern technology (i.e the computer) so it pays to know the cost of your holiday before you get there or you'll find that you pay over the odds.
The shop (at reception) is actually competitively priced and quite well stocked. There is a bus stop right outside the site with hourly buses (sometimes 1/2 hourly) to Oban which for those who have to pay is £3.30 return.
The best bit is the pitches ( I think they are all hard-standing) are staggered in tiers meaning every single pitch gets a sea view straight across to the Isle Of Mull and most are only slightly sloping. On a clear day this is spectacular (so I'm told, as we only had misty days) and sunsets can be also great if you are lucky. Good access from Oban by ferries to Mull, Coll, Tiree, Islay etc and also for driving through the beautiful Glencoe. Well recommended.
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: North Ledaig CC site, near Oban

Post by Gram on Sun May 11, 2014 8:21 pm

Excellent views from the CC area and all other areas.
I agree, it's a very nice site.

G

Gram

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: North Ledaig CC site, near Oban

Post by nimbus on Sun May 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Stayed there last year (early June) and made the mistake of leaving the van door ajar for 5 minutes whilst I went the reception to book another night. Got back to a van full of mozzies and got bitten to bits. I must say that we've spent several weeks in May in Scotland for the last two years, have had fantastic weather and the only mozzies were at North Ledaig, but don't let that put you off.

Very nice site though, mostly with views over the sea.

nimbus

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum