Any Peugeot Mezan owners?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any Peugeot Mezan owners?

Post by Empyrean on Tue May 06, 2014 11:47 am

I'm thinking of changing my van for a Mezan or a Romahome R20. For reasons connected with my parking I'll have to get the pop top. Does anybody on the forum have a Mezan and if so, what should I watch out for please? 

I've read various reviews and the jury seems to be split on Mezan vs Romahome a bit like City vs Utd!

Any thoughts/help/advice gratefully received as they seem to be quite expensive.

Chris
Empyrean

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Topaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Peugeot Mezan owners?

Post by Guest on Tue May 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi Chris
I don't have a Mezan but have some knowledge and spoken to owners in the past. When introduced there were, like many new models, a number of build problems. I remember owners concerned about the bed boards being very thin and not up to the job. The elevator is less popular than than the higher top and damp on the elevator types was an issue at one stage. It's a strange roof and probably not had the ' test of time' proving of the Romahome. 

The mezan is a nice looking small motorhome but there is no doubt it is a clone of the romahome, which did and still does annoy many romahome owners and understandably so. The mezan also has a very low payload, compared to other small A/S vans  (eg trooper). Production run was quite short.

I'm not sure how many Mezan owners are on this forum, but hopefully you will receive more comments.

Regards
John

Back to top Go down

Mezan owner

Post by Aikiwodge on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 am

Hi - just joined the forum and bought a hilo Mezan last year. Been on a few short trips and just come back from 3 weeks in Scotland. Overall love it - did have to replace one gas strut on roof but that is not a basic van fault. Seems well built with no leaks etc. Engine (1.6hdi) is amazing - 51 to the gallon and very nippy.

Roger
Aikiwodge

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Mezan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzyisobel on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi
I am now the owner of my late fathers mezan LL, the elevating roof model, I traveled most of the scottish islands over the summer and loved the experience in the mezan, would definitely recommend, great on fuel with it being a 1.6 hdi Diesel engine. Actually I might be selling. Many years ago I had the citreon c15 hy-lo romahome, probably because it's newer I prefer the mezan. Hope this helps
Izzy x
Izzyisobel

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Auto-sleeper mezan L

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:00 am

We met a Mezan at Lacock this summer.  Its owners were very pleased with it, and went out in it every day on sightseeing trips.  They reckoned it was their "Bed & breakfast accommodation", as they like to eat out each day...whereas, we tend to cook and eat outside every evening.  BBQ Good luck with your search! undecided

Last edited by Swansea Jac on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry...eyes not very good this morning!)
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rickandbev16 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Mezan much better looking than Romahome !!!!!
rickandbev16

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Mezan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum