upholstery material for cab seats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

upholstery material for cab seats

Post by MargaretG on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help please?

I'm looking for material to replace the torn material on the two front seats (I'm only actually going to replace the material on the actual seat and not the back rest) - can anyone recommend anywhere where I might be able to buy a couple metres please?  I've tried Autosleeper and unfortunately they have not been able to help.  I'm not looking for an exact match (original is the beige/mink or pink stripe material) just something plain to blend in and match as best I can.....

Many thanks.....here's hoping.

Regards
Margaret
MargaretG

Female

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : renault trafic T1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: upholstery material for cab seats

Post by Roo on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:51 am

Margaret,

I am currently restoring a 1981 Bedford CF Autosleeper and have found sourcing the original seating material impossible. Next best option for me was to find a close matching fabric and I have found the best source for this to be local furniture upholsterers. I initially went to vehicle upholsterers but found their range was limited. A good upholsterer will have many sample books so you might be able to find something similar.
Roo

Male

Member Age : 39
Auto-Sleeper : SV100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MargaretG on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Roo wrote:Margaret,

I am currently restoring a 1981 Bedford CF Autosleeper and have found sourcing the original seating material impossible. Next best option for me was to find a close matching fabric and I have found the best source for this to be local furniture upholsterers. I initially went to vehicle upholsterers but found their range was limited. A good upholsterer will have many sample books so you might be able to find something similar.

Thank you - I've also come to the conclusion about the seating material.  Since posting I have found a local upholsterers (in the Hemel Hempstead area) and have ordered material from them.
MargaretG

Female

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : renault trafic T1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty Bedford on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 pm

glad to hear that you got some fabric it would be nice to see pics of the seats. I am going to have to re cover or make a slip cover for my front seats as they are quite worn and it would be great to see how you did yours!  i know you already have your fabric but ebay is another good source and you can usually get good prices if you know what you want ;)
Betty Bedford

Female

Member Age : 28
Auto-Sleeper : Bedford CF

View user profile http://www.our-duetto.com/betty.html

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum