camp sites etc glasgow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

camp sites etc glasgow

Post by mags on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi   I 'm lucky enough to be working ( volunteer ) at the Commonwealth games in Glasgow this Summer.  Does anyone have any suggestions where I can stay with my camper van it would be for almost 2 weeks.   I  need to be fairly near to the Hockey Stadium in Glasgow.   Also if the shift are like London I need to be able to access early morning and late evening public transport links.  Help !!!  mags
mags

Female

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo autosleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: camp sites etc glasgow

Post by Dutto on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi there,

We stay here when visiting friends in Glasgow

• A A BELL
    Bankell Farm
    Milngavie
    Glasgow
    G62 8LE

It's a CC CL and I think it's on a bus route but not certain.  Also haven't a clue as to where hockey club is. Sorry.

Best regards,
 drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mags on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 am

Hi Thanks but alas they are fully booked. The other site with only one pitch left is Craigendmuir but at £70 per night and being a volunteer at the Games this is far too much.    Mags
mags

Female

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo autosleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi Mags

You should perhaps consider Ayrshire. There are three sites - Ayr CC site, Prestwick Holiday Park and Sandylands, Stevenston near railway stations and there is a good service to Glasgow from early morning to late at night from Ayr there are 2 -4 trains per hour and it takes about 45 - 60 minutes. There is a station at the Airport and it is a short walk to the campsite. An Express bus goes from Ayr and stops at the airport which is near the campsite and it is a frequent service but as I do not live in Ayr I do not know often. Public transport in Glasgow is good.

If you do not mind driving every day to a station there is parking at Irvine station and campsite at Eglinton Park if interested I would send you details of how to get to the station car park as it is not easy for a stranger to find. It has the same service as Ayr.

Hope this helps.

Louise
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top